DexCom Inc. (DXCM)’s stock is trading at $112.18 at the moment marking a fall of -0.66% from the last session close. As of this writing, shares are priced at -26.49% less than their 52-week high of $152.62, and 67.70% over their 52-week low of $66.89. Based on the past 30-day period, the stock price is -9.02% below the high and +12.99% above the low.
3 Tiny Stocks Primed to Explode
The world's greatest investor — Warren Buffett — has a simple formula for making big money in the markets. He buys up valuable assets when they are very cheap. For stock market investors that means buying up cheap small cap stocks like these with huge upside potential.
We've set up an alert service to help smart investors take full advantage of the small cap stocks primed for big returns.
Click here for full details and to join for free.
The 200-day Simple moving average is often placed more emphasis on by traders because of daily price changes. Investors will use the SMA-200 in different situations in trading activity as a key indicator to determine their support and resistance levels, and at the moment, DXCM’s SMA-200 is $95.07.
Further, it is important to consider DXCM stock ratios, particularly its price-to-sales ratio over the past twelve months, which stands at 15.47.Likewise, its price to free cash flow for the last twelve months stands at 165.34. DXCM’s price to book ratio for the most recent quarter was 24.13, resulting in an 18.21 price to cash per share for the period.
How does DexCom Inc. (DXCM) stock rate among analysts? Buy, sell, or hold?
The key to trading is to concentrate on the future rather than on the past. During uncertain times, it can be hard to make decisions. The analysts who understand how a market works are usually the most accurate at forecasting its future. Currently, there are 15 brokerage firms that recommend the stock as a Strong Buy. The ratings are commonly aggregated into a single number between 1 and 5. Buy or strong buy is scored 5, outperform is scored 4, hold is scored 3, underperform is scored 2 and strong sell is 1. Using a scale of 1-5, the current average recommendation is 4.67 in simple terms.
DexCom Inc. (DXCM): Earnings History
If we examine DexCom Inc.’s recent earnings history, in the last quarter ended on 9/29/2022, it posted adjusted earnings per share of $0.28, slashing the consensus of $0.24. In other words, it topped the consensus by $0.04, resulting in a 16.70% surprise. In the 3 months period before the previous quarter which was closed on 9/29/2022, the stock recorded adjusted earnings per share of $0.28 in contrast with the Outlook of $0.24. That was a difference of $0.04 and a surprise of 16.70%.
DexCom Inc. (DXCM): Earnings History
Most analysts expect public companies to report earnings and revenue in line with their projections, but sometimes these figures vary from what they actually expected. In the current quarter, the company had earnings predictions made by 11 different analysts, who are expecting earnings to fall in between the range of 0.30 and 0.23 with an average Earnings Estimate of 0.26 which is in contrast with the last year earnings estimate of 0.17 and also replicates 52.94% growth rate year over year.
DexCom Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM) Ownership Details
I will give a breakdown of the key shareholders in DexCom Inc. (DXCM). Recent figures show that the company’s insiders hold 0.41% of shares. A total of 1,199 institutional investors hold shares in the company, making 98.77% of its stock and 99.18% of its float.
Sep 29, 2022, it was reported that the Company’s largest institutional holder is Vanguard Group, Inc. (The) holding total of 43.68 million shares that make 11.31% of the company’s total number of shares and are currently priced at 4.9 billion.
The securities firm Blackrock Inc. holds 33.61 million shares of DXCM, making it the second largest institutional shareholder. Taking this into account, the holding percentage comes to 8.70%, and the holding percentage of shares is valued at 3.77 billion.
An overview of DexCom Inc.’s technicals
In order to learn about trade movements and investor behavior, it is best to analyze the short, medium, and long term technical indicators along with the average volume of a stock. A 20-day average of the stock’s daily volume suggests DexCom Inc. (DXCM) traded 2,885,701 shares per day, with a moving average of $115.16 and price change of +10.98. With the moving average of $101.39 and a price change of +21.25, about 2,869,598 shares changed hands on average over the past 50 days. Finally, DXCM’s 100-day average volume is 2,737,732 shares, alongside a moving average of $93.38 and a price change of +33.88.