In the current trading session, Schlumberger Limited’s (SLB) stock is trading at the price of $51.38, a fall of -0.07% over last night’s close. So, the stock is trading at a price that is -8.31% less than its 52-week high of $56.04 and 85.84% better than its 52-week low of $27.65. Based on the past 30-day period, the stock price is -8.35% below the high and +5.12% above the low.
Do You Own These 7 Inflation-Survival Stocks?
Inflation is still near 40-year highs and rising prices are putting a big dent in our wallets. Unless you find out how to protect your portfolio and outpace inflation, you'll keep being at the mercy of economic factors out of your control. Especially since the price of electricity, food, and shelter are creeping up higher than ever. In this special report, I detail 7 stocks to help you survive and thrive in today's market. They're backed by solid companies, positioned to profit during tough economic times, and offer out-sized dividends to help you outpace inflation.
Click here to get your free copy of the report
The 200-day Simple moving average is often placed more emphasis on by traders because of daily price changes. Investors will use the SMA-200 in different situations in trading activity as a key indicator to determine their support and resistance levels, and at the moment, SLB’s SMA-200 is $41.21.
It is also essential to consider SLB stock ratios like the price-to-sales ratio, which is 2.73 for the last year.Likewise, its price to free cash flow for the last twelve months stands at 40.72. SLB’s price to book ratio for the most recent quarter was 4.24, resulting in an 19.97 price to cash per share for the period.
How does Schlumberger Limited (SLB) stock rate among analysts? Buy, sell, or hold?
The key to trading is to concentrate on the future rather than on the past. During uncertain times, it can be hard to make decisions. The analysts who understand how a market works are usually the most accurate at forecasting its future. Currently, there are 18 brokerage firms that recommend the stock as a Strong Buy. The ratings are commonly aggregated into a single number between 1 and 5. Buy or strong buy is scored 5, outperform is scored 4, hold is scored 3, underperform is scored 2 and strong sell is 1. Using a scale of 1-5, the current average recommendation is 4.89 in simple terms.
Schlumberger Limited (SLB): Earnings History
If we examine Schlumberger Limited’s recent earnings history, in the last quarter ended on 9/29/2022, it posted adjusted earnings per share of $0.63, slashing the consensus of $0.55. In other words, it topped the consensus by $0.08, resulting in a 14.50% surprise. In the 3 months period before the previous quarter which was closed on 9/29/2022, the stock recorded adjusted earnings per share of $0.63 in contrast with the Outlook of $0.55. That was a difference of $0.08 and a surprise of 14.50%.
Schlumberger Limited (SLB): Earnings History
Most analysts expect public companies to report earnings and revenue in line with their projections, but sometimes these figures vary from what they actually expected. In the current quarter, the company had earnings predictions made by 8 different analysts, who are expecting earnings to fall in between the range of 0.69 and 0.66 with an average Earnings Estimate of 0.68 which is in contrast with the last year earnings estimate of 0.41 and also replicates 65.85% growth rate year over year.
Schlumberger Limited (NYSE: SLB) Ownership Details
I will give a breakdown of the key shareholders in Schlumberger Limited (SLB). Recent figures show that the company’s insiders hold 0.15% of shares. A total of 1,717 institutional investors hold shares in the company, making 85.56% of its stock and 85.70% of its float.
Sep 29, 2022, it was reported that the Company’s largest institutional holder is Vanguard Group, Inc. (The) holding total of 123.21 million shares that make 8.69% of the company’s total number of shares and are currently priced at 6.31 billion.
The securities firm Blackrock Inc. holds 107.4 million shares of SLB, making it the second largest institutional shareholder. Taking this into account, the holding percentage comes to 7.57%, and the holding percentage of shares is valued at 5.5 billion.
An overview of Schlumberger Limited’s technicals
In order to learn about trade movements and investor behavior, it is best to analyze the short, medium, and long term technical indicators along with the average volume of a stock. A 20-day average of the stock’s daily volume suggests Schlumberger Limited (SLB) traded 13,392,803 shares per day, with a moving average of $52.86 and price change of -0.32. With the moving average of $46.23 and a price change of +11.73, about 14,541,125 shares changed hands on average over the past 50 days. Finally, SLB’s 100-day average volume is 12,841,322 shares, alongside a moving average of $41.29 and a price change of +18.63.